eröffnet am: 05.11.06 17:17 von: S342 Anzahl Beiträge: 1677
neuester Beitrag: 25.04.21 13:03 von: Juliapchba Leser gesamt: 304126
davon Heute: 340
bewertet mit 5 Sternen

Seite: Zurück 1 | ... | 18 | 19 | 20 |
| 22 | 23 | 24 | ... | 68  Weiter  

24.06.11 11:41

2308 Postings, 6388 Tage BiotechspezialxIntressant------------

The Ultimate Sino Forest Conspiracy Theory - How Social Media Can Create a Reverse Pump and Dump
Sino Forest Corp (TSX:TRE) is the hottest (or coldest, depending on which way you look at it) stock trading in Canada right now. At the moment of this writing in sits in the $2.30's, down over 90% from its March highs, with much of that loss coming due to the infamous Muddy Waters report at the beginning of June.

I won't go into details since if you are reading this you probably know the details already. But I will provide my own insight based on the players involved. Remember this is just my own opinion.

There's a few questions you need to ask yourself before going on.

Before you started to follow TRE, have you ever heard of Carson Block?
Before you started to follow TRE, have you ever heard of John Paulson?
Do you understand the business of TRE and all of its relationships in China?

Once you ask yourself these questions you might realize you know very little about the people involved in orchestrating one of the biggest unfounded tanks of a stock in history. Is TRE a fraud? No one knows for sure but there are clues that point to it not being one:

Sino-Forest Accepts China Development Bank Corporation Term Loan Offer of US$50 Million to Fund Planting Plan

Something tells me that the China Development Bank Corporation wouldn't loan money to a complete scam of a company just a couple of months prior to the Muddy Waters report. I'm just throwing this out there but I somehow think that maybe, just maybe, a government organization for the country in which Sino does business might understand Sino's complex business relationships that conform to Chinese business practices a little bit better than Mr. Block. And they would likely be more apt at confirming Sino's forestry holdings and cash balances in China than the Globe & Mail.

Sino has also been around since the mid-90's, much longer than the China RTOs that are under fire for fraud. Although there are Madoffs out there, it's a lot harder to fake a scam over 15 years that it is for 3 or 4. Sino managed to survive the crash of 2001 and 2008, both of which were prime eras for finding out frauds so that's saying something there.

So who will you believe? A company that's survived through two market crashes and has E&Y as an auditor without being found as a fraud or some guy named Carson Block that you never heard of until a few weeks ago?

I'll get to my conspiracy theory. With the rise of social media, it's easier than ever to pump a stock, see LEXG. It also seems even easier to tank one since people's fear is a lot greater than people's greed in stock market psychology. *Someone could* have paid Mr. Block to write a report about Sino. Sino's not a fraud but it is so complex that no one actually bothers to check up on the details of their business and they just throw support one on top of the other in some kind of group think reaction - Paulson, Dundee, RBC etc. As soon as they see Block's report, they can't confirm or deny it immediately. Anybody with an interest in getting those Chinese forestry holdings cheaply could easily take advantage of that.

I know how the investment industry works. These analysts spend 12 hours a day on average at work, 8 hours a day drinking and have 4 hours a day of sleep. Do you think they have time or willingness to research every nook and cranny of Sino? No! They are just going to jump ship like rats and suspend coverage pending further review from PWC as soon as possible so they are the first in line to announce they are jumping ship and have the least amount of egg on their face. The analysts from BMO and RBC are dancing around, explaining to their bosses that "at least I'm not Richard Kelertas from Dundee", who sounds REALLY bad right about now. They could care less about what happens to Sino. This is part 2 of the Sino conspiracy theory, although I don't believe they are intentionally involved.

Part 3 involves Mr. Paulson. *Someone* out there knew that he owned nearly 35 million shares and was licking their chops at the thought of where this stock will head if they could convince him to sell. Now if he is anything like the analysts, he too probably does not fully understand Sino's business and relies on the musings of Mr. Block (whose intentions we don't know at all) or the analysts (who are just busy trying to cover their own asses). Once he is convinced to sell, the whole house of cards on the stock price falls.

Review the price and volume history of the stock here. Paulson likely didn't trade on the US pinksheets but some trades might have gone through the ATS systems which won't show up here. But assuming they all went through the TSX, the stock traded just over 250M shares from June 1st through 17th. 35M of those are Paulson's. The rest are a mix of scared retail investors selling and knife catching retail investors buying.

The Muddy Waters report has been incredibly successful, taking the stock all the way down to $1.29. I'm sure most of that is retail investors who bought and sold for more than 50% losses in a matter of a few days.

Now what do you think will happen? That *someone* who could have paid Block to write the report can now buy Sino for $1-$2 billion instead of paying $6 billion. Because the shares have turned over so much, the majority of current shareholders like me have a very low average cost, likely well under $5. For instance, my average cost is $2.31 after starting my buying spree at $2.80 early this week. If $2 billion is offered that's around $8 a share and current shareholders will be ecstatic to approve the deal.

Because the company was complacent and management put up a very weak fight, that is enough to avoid the lawyers who are suing the company on behalf of the shareholders who bought north of $20. Who knows, maybe management was also paid off by this *someone* to keep their mouths shut as much as possible and let the stock tank.

If this scenario is indeed true and the company is found to be on the up and up, there is no legal recourse against it since it was never in the wrong and did try to defend itself (very weakly) against Muddy Waters and the Globe and Mail. There's no recourse against Block because he puts disclaimers in his reports. There are no claims against Paulson since he was just acting in the best interest of his own funds. And there are no claims against the analysts because they all jumped ship like rats and suspended coverage pending the PWC report.

I am fairly certain the company will not be around in time for the report from PWC. It will be bought out by then for something slightly north of $5. Your only recourse as a retail investor in my opinion is to buy now for an easy double or to average down below $5 to recover your losses. Like I said, this is just my opinion and I could be wrong. But if you read my argument carefully you can see how my conspiracy theory could actually be right.

Quelle:
http://tsxwealth.blogspot.com/2011/06/...orest-conspiracy-theory.html  

24.06.11 13:46

216 Postings, 4889 Tage gackiDanke Biotechspezialx

für den eingestellten Bericht. Das hört sich doch nach einer sehr plausiblen Erklärung an. Ich könnte mir gut vorstellen, dass da Einiges dran ist.
Dann müssen wir jetzt nur noch ein bisschen Geduld aufbringen.  

24.06.11 14:10

7827 Postings, 4958 Tage D2Chris#Biotechspezialx

Sehr schöner Bericht der zum großen Teil meine Meinung mit deckt!

Nur darüber welche Rolle hier der Herr Paulson in dem Spiel spielt bin ich mir nicht so ganz schlüssig.
Er wird immer so dargestellt das er ein großes Vermögen wegen den Absturz von Sino verloren hat.
Wer sagt uns denn das dies so der Tatsache entspricht. Es weiß doch überhaupt niemand wann er seine Anteile verkauft hat.
Die großen Adressen pinkeln sich doch nicht gegenseitig ans Bein. Ich kann mir kaum vorstellen das Carson Block den Artikel verfasst hat und das Herrn Paulson gänzlich auf dem falschen Fuss erwischt wurde.
Woher wissen wir wann Herr Paulson verkauft hat? Ich habe in keiner Mitteilung über den Verkauf das Datum und den Verkaufskurs gelesen? Alle gehen immer davon aus das er ziemlich weit unten verkauft hat. Aber auch schon vor dem großen Absturz wurden von Sino zwischen 1 und 3 Millionen Stück am Tag gehandelt. Da hätte er also auch schon locker über ein paar Tage hinweg verkaufen können.
Dann noch die Meldung "Ich habe verkauft" und die dummen Lemming Privatanleger schmeißen koplos Ihre Shares da sie durch den großen Absturz eh schon derart verunsichert sind. In diese Unsicherheit hinein war es kein Problem wieder schön zu sammeln. Bei Spitzenumsätzen von 60.000.000 Stück/Tag kein Problem.
Kann sein das hier wirklich nur alles Manipuliert war. Wir werden es bald Wissen!  

24.06.11 16:17

638 Postings, 5774 Tage snowregenmoin moin...

gleich geht es in den Keller.

24.06.11 16:22

999 Postings, 4861 Tage stefan8582snowregen

ich unterstell dir nix, ABER komisch dass du nach börsenstart immer von fallenden kursen sprichst und dass ein Absturz kommt und dann gegen Ende immer so sprüche in raum wirfst wie " sind wir heut abend bei 3 EUR???"- also lieber solche posts sparen, wenn intraday zocken willst brauchst auch keine posts abgeben - den kurs beeinflussen die eh net  

24.06.11 16:58

23635 Postings, 5215 Tage Balu4uStimme dir zu

Stefan. Wer hier shortet kann eh bös auf die Schnauze fliegen. Bei den Amis gehts schon wieder hoch. Dass der Titel höchst volatil ist, wurde ja schon gepostet! Schönes WE

24.06.11 17:19

4292 Postings, 5040 Tage kuro@snow aus welcher anstalt haben die

dich denn raus gelassen..lese von dir nur müll ob das hier ist auch schon früher bei anderen anktien..solltest dir mal vorher überlegen was du hier so von dir gibts...normal ist das nicht..solche leute wie du sollten garkeinen zugang ins virtuelle netz bekommen..meine tochter ist 6 jahre die darf das auch noch nicht und die hat mehr grips als du...  

24.06.11 17:54

133 Postings, 4889 Tage MrRoninmoneysieht solide aus

Sieht doch sehr solide aus dafür das das ding so in die höhe geschossen ist. bißchen Minus wegen gewinnmitnahmen sind doch normal. Aber so wie das ding im Keller ist so schlecht geht es dem Unternehmen sicherlich nicht. Wäre für mich schon eine sehr große negative Überraschung. Da ist noch eine Menge Potential nach oben.

24.06.11 18:24

519 Postings, 4806 Tage HugoMüllerSino

Sino Forest ist ein netter Zock. Nach dem dramatischen EInbruch der Aktie könnte nun der Rebound folgen. Das Sentiment sieht gut aus - für einen spekulativen Zock doch recht aussichtsreich,vor allem wenn sich die Vorwürfe entkräften sollten: http://bit.ly/jvAm2c

24.06.11 18:25

88 Postings, 4914 Tage prochiZu dem Beitrag oben

Eigentlich versucht der Block die Berichte erst an das betroffene Unternehmen zu verkaufen, wie es im Fall von Orient Paper war. (im Fall von SF gab es so nen Angebot angeblich nicht). Im nächsten Schritt verkauft MW den Bericht an die Hedgefonds!! Und in diesem Fall wussten schon einige Hedgefonds vor der Veröffentlichung, dass man shorten kann. Deswegen sind die Kurse schon vorher graduell gefallen. Jetzt stellt sich die Frage: Und der Paulson, der die meisten Aktien von SF gehalten hat, wurde vorher von Block nicht informiert? Der hätte ja das meiste Geld für den Report zahlen können um den nicht veröffentlichen zu lassen oder die Position vorher zu schliessen. Wer glaubt schon, dass der Paulson erst am 01.06 von dem Bericht erfahren hat? Ich nicht, es sei denn, irgendwelcher Komplott der Hedgefonds-Industrie gegen Paulson stattgefunden hat.

Und die Versuchen diesen Blödsinn an die Öffentlichkeit zu verkaufen?!...  

24.06.11 19:44

999 Postings, 4861 Tage stefan8582uiiiiiiiiiii

jetzt scheints doch nochmal vorm we runtergehen................hoffe meine 1,50 die ich mal angegeben habe halten :) solang sich der kursverlust noch im rahmen hält ist alles in ordnung....umso mehr steigen die chancen auf nen schönen anstieg am montag...............  

24.06.11 19:44

7827 Postings, 4958 Tage D2ChrisSchade!

Denn abverkauf hatte ich jetzt so nicht auf der Rechnung!  

24.06.11 19:46

7827 Postings, 4958 Tage D2ChrisDa scheuen woll viele das Risiko

am Wochenende evtl. auf dem falschen Fuss erwischt zu werden!  

24.06.11 19:55

3044 Postings, 5309 Tage mc.cashSchätze SL oder ohne limit bei 1,90 !

ging auf ein schlag auf 1,784

19:39:00 1,863 ?
          §1.128
19:38:55 1,784 ?
          §52.312
19:38:08 1,90 ?
          §10.000  

24.06.11 20:13

3044 Postings, 5309 Tage mc.cashWer noch welche will

hat jetzt noch die möglichkeit unter 2,00 reinzukommen der Zug startet bald!(MM)  

24.06.11 20:44

2308 Postings, 6388 Tage BiotechspezialxPaulsen

So hier die Bestätigung meiner Mail das Paulsen wohl viel ....viel früher  wuste was der Block vor hatte.
Übrigens er beobachtet die Situation weiter -
Was auch immer das heißen mag.. bleibt wieder Euer Fantasie überlassen!!

Quelle:
[url]
http://dealbreaker.com/2011/06/...t-107-million-on-sino-forest/[/url]

[b]
24 Jun 2011 at 12:53 PM
Paulson And Co Only Lost $107 Million On Sino-Forest
By Bess Levin[/b]

inShare

Not really enough to get upset about, though in a letter to investors today re: the Chinese company, Paulson did note that ?as the largest investors in the Paulson Advantage strategy,? the disappointment in the lack of trees is shared by the Paulson partners.

According to the letter, Paulson?s initial interest in the firm followed a January 2007 news report that CVC Asia Pacific and Macquarie Bank were considering a bid for Sino-Forest. Paulson began researching the company and started building a position after news that Sino-Forest?s potential acquirers would not be bidding sent its stock price down. Then, in March 2007, after Sino-Forest sold a 16% stake of its stock to an investment group led by Temasek, Singapore?s sovereign wealth fund, Paulson & Co. decided the Chinese company?s stock was undervalued and suggested to the company that it move its stock listing from Toronto to Hong Kong or Shanghai to improve its valuation.

?As a passive investor in public companies, Paulson has access to the same information that everyone else in the securities market does. Like other public market investors, we must rely on audits and underwriter due diligence for comfort that financial statement and disclosures are accurate and reflect the true state of affairs at companies with publicly traded securities,? said Paulson?s letter, noting that the firm conducted extensive due diligence on its investment. Additionally, the firm cited several legal and institutional controls that Sino-Forest had passed. Among them: financial and legal auditing by the Toronto Stock Exchange beginning in 1995; financial statements approved by such auditors as Ernst & Young; eight separate securities offerings between 2004 and 2010 and a large following by sell-side research analysts and ratings agencies. Though Paulson stopped short of denouncing Sino-Forest?s accounting, the firm attributed its decision to unload its [full] position in Sino-Forest to what it believes is irreparable damage to the company?s stock from a June 2 report from Muddy Waters Research that questioned the company?s public disclosures and financial statements.

And while the firm appears to have done the rational, level-headed thing in selling the position, it appears that some emotion is still at play, as apparently someone is not yet ready to let go, move on and never look back.  

27.06.11 09:47

23635 Postings, 5215 Tage Balu4uHeute wieder Talfahrt ??

27.06.11 10:31

27 Postings, 4794 Tage thomascookIch denke schon ...

...meiner Meinung nach geht´s heute nach unten, weil die Angst vor einem ordentlichen Dämpfer viel zu groß ist.

Ich hab daher gerade Teile verkauft, bleibe aber mit einem geringen Paket investiert, weil ich persönlich glaube, dass die Aktie  wieder hoch gehen wird.

(Wie immer nur meine persönliche Meinung)

27.06.11 12:38

23635 Postings, 5215 Tage Balu4uHab auch erstmal mein Geld geparkt...

und nen Teil sogar nach Australien umgeschichtet. Ist mir momentan zu heiß: Hier wird Bambus ganz schnell zu Schnittlauch. Einstiegschancen werden in den nächsten Tagen sicherlich kommen, bin aber momentan auf "Stand by"  

27.06.11 14:06

4292 Postings, 5040 Tage kurobin gespannt was die amis

heute machen ob da heute wieder mehr gehandelt wird..als donnerstag u´nd freitag ist ja montag heute...da wird der kurs gemacht und nicht hier...  

27.06.11 14:56

3044 Postings, 5309 Tage mc.cashDie News sind doch ein Lacher !

Steht doch nichts drinn was alle schon wußten ,
Interessant finde ich nur das !( Bankbelege publiziert, wonach hervorgehe, dass das Unternehmen per Ende März über einen Cashbestand von mehr als 1,09 Mrd. USD verfüge)
Also Vermögen ist genug da!!!!!!
Die  wollen noch mal drücken!  

27.06.11 15:45

4292 Postings, 5040 Tage kurogeht wieder hoch die amis kaufen das teil heute

wieder in größeren stücken wie es ausschaut...  

27.06.11 16:03

4677 Postings, 4941 Tage TrencinTurbo-Call LS1GLF

Hallo Leute, wer von Euch versteht den Preis dieses Zertifikates und den "Abstand Knock-Out" von über 87%???

http://zertifikat.finanzen.net/Pages/Derivative/...ge.aspx?wkn=LS1GLF

27.06.11 21:09

4817 Postings, 7064 Tage martin30smRuhe vor dem Sturm?

27.06.11 21:14

4817 Postings, 7064 Tage martin30smZwar riskant, aber habe mir

kurz vor 20 Uhr ein paar Stk. ins Depot gelegt.  

Seite: Zurück 1 | ... | 18 | 19 | 20 |
| 22 | 23 | 24 | ... | 68  Weiter  
   Antwort einfügen - nach oben