eröffnet am: 20.02.07 18:45 von: Anti Lemmin. Anzahl Beiträge: 156396
neuester Beitrag: 23.05.24 16:28 von: Bamzillo Leser gesamt: 23067616
davon Heute: 408
bewertet mit 467 Sternen

Seite: Zurück 1 | ... | 40 | 41 | 42 |
| 44 | 45 | 46 | ... | 6256  Weiter  

26.03.07 21:07

80400 Postings, 7404 Tage Anti LemmingDer Markt steht "auf schwankendem Boden"

Rev Shark fasst die Lage unten IMHO gut zusammen. Aktien-Märkte lieben die Aussicht auf Zinssenkungen, wie die Rallye der letzten Tage ja sehr schön gezeigt hat. Andererseits kommen die Zinssenkungen erst, NACHDEM sich in bestimmten Bereichen starke Flurschäden ergeben haben: schwächelnder Konsum, sinkendes Wachstum, abflauende Gewinne, Krise im Prime-Hypotheken-Markt, Junkbond-Pleiten, Bankenpleiten usw.

D. h. dass der Preis, den die Bullen für die Aussicht auf eine Zinssenkung zahlen, im Grunde "unannehmbar hoch" ist. Mag sein, dass diese Zinssenkung dem Markt dann irgendwann Antrieb gibt - aber wohl erst 1000 Dow-Punkte tiefer...

Rev Shark würde sich jedenfalls, wie er unten schreibt, "nicht wundern, einen zweiten überraschenden Ausverkauf wie am 27.2. zu sehen". Mich auch nicht.

Wer einen mittelfristigen Long-Trade wagen will, wartet schlauerweise diesen zweiten Kollaps ab und kauft dann genau an dem Tag, an dem die Fed die Zinsen senkt. (Shorts  covern idealerweise kurz davor und gehen dann ggfs. ebenfalls kurzfristig long.) Das ist sicherlich ein günstigerer Einstiegszeitpunkt als jetzt. Der kursierende Glaube, wir würden zurzeit eine Kaufgelegenheit wie im Spätsommer 2006 haben, dürfte sich als Illusion erweisen. Außerdem ist die jetzige Korrektur erst 1 Monat alt. Sie dürfte mindestens 3 Monate andauern.

Market's on Shaky Ground
By Rev Shark
Street.com Contributor
3/26/2007 2:31 PM EDT

The weak housing report this morning, and the fact that we have been slowly inching back, highlights the main issue the market is grappling with. On one hand, if economic data are weak, that increases the chances that the Fed will cut interest rates even if inflation may not be as low as the central bank likes.

The market always likes to see interest rates fall, which was made very obvious by the euphoric reaction to the hint of more dovishness in the FOMC policy statement last Wednesday.

On the other hand, a weak economy carries some pretty heavy baggage. We aren't going to see lower interest rates unless we also see some negatives such as slower growth, pressure on the consumer, trouble in the housing market and repercussions for a host of businesses.

Although the prospect of lower interest rates is helping the market right now, the events that might actually lead to actual rate cuts are not so market-friendly. A further problem is that a rate cut -- while an economic stimulus -- may cause some other problems on the inflation front and with the dollar. That is the tug of war we are undergoing right now.

At the moment, the bulls continue to have the advantage, but the reasoning for their continued buying support is suspect and it won't take much to shift sentiment. The bears are still awfully skittish, and that is giving the market some support. But it would not be at all surprising to see another sudden spike down similar to the three we have had starting back on Feb. 27.

26.03.07 21:28

21278 Postings, 7196 Tage pfeifenlümmelMACD, Histogramm, RSI und Stochastik

machen bereits einen Bogen nach unten.

Angehängte Grafik:
spkrücke.png (verkleinert auf 63%) vergrößern
spkrücke.png

26.03.07 21:59

10041 Postings, 8091 Tage BeMiJ.B. und Anti

Ich mach mal den Arroganten:
Als Dipl.-Volkswirt und Ökonometriker
(nicht mehr ganz so jung),
glaube ich, dass bei einem derart
komplexen und komplizierten Phänomen "Weltwirtschaft"
treffsichere Prognosen über einen Zeitraum von
ca. 3 Monaten hinaus
reine Kaffeesatzleserei darstellen.
"Es kommt immer anders als man denkt!"
Das einzig Pragmatische dabei wäre:
Man fährt unterschiedliche Szenarien mit
subjektiven Wahrscheinlichkeiten.
Alles andere ist reine Zeitverschwendung.
Btw., ich lese Eure Postings gern.
Ihr könntet ja Recht haben.
May be.

Grüsse
B.  

26.03.07 22:01

10041 Postings, 8091 Tage BeMiTechnische Analyse

in diesem Zusammenhang stellt
geronnene Erfahrung dar.  

26.03.07 22:04

80400 Postings, 7404 Tage Anti LemmingBemi

nix für ungut. Ich glaube Dir gern, dass Du Prognosen für schwierig bis unmöglich hältst. Ich frage mich nur, warum Du dies so häufig HIER kundtust.

Schreib das doch mal zur Abwechslung in einem der vielen "Dax-10000 bis 2009" Threads  

26.03.07 22:17

10041 Postings, 8091 Tage BeMiAnti

Eigentlich wollt ich nur auf J.B. antworten.
Mich interessiert aber der US-Markt und
weniger der DAX. Dort habe ich nur einige DCX-
Scheine günstig im Depot.

Grüsse
B.  

26.03.07 22:38

13197 Postings, 6635 Tage J.B.@BeMi

Ok, da magst Du in gewisser Weise Recht haben und meine Hochachtung bezüglich dem Volkswirt, aber wir Beide wissen dass das nur eine Grundlage ist und keine Garantie für Irgendwas.

Wir hatten einmal eine gute Verständigungsbasis, ach lassen wir das.....

Vielmehr würde mich interessieren, wie Deine 3 Monatsprognose aussieht....

Servus, J.B.
--------------------------------------------------
"I believe that the first test of a truly great man is his humility." (John Ruskin)

26.03.07 23:15

80400 Postings, 7404 Tage Anti LemmingDer Bären-Markt harrt charttechnischer Bestätigung

...fundamental hingegen zeichnete er sich in den Bilanzen der US-Regionalbanken bereits VOR dem Crash vom 27.2. ab. Und die Schieflagen sind noch längst nicht ausgestanden, meint Suttmeier.

Technical Analysis
Bear Market Awaits Technical Confirmation
By Richard Suttmeier 
Street.com

3/26/2007 2:04 PM EDT

I first made my bear market case for U.S. stocks based upon fundamentals on Feb. 20. I expected and have seen deteriorating fundamentals since then -- stress in the banking system as shown in the FDIC Quarterly Banking Profile published on Feb. 22, the downward revision to 2006 fourth-quarter GDP to 2.2% from 3.5% on Feb. 28 and economic weakness reflected in the housing market and explained in the Federal Reserve beige book on March 7.

The Dow declined 856.32 points, or 6.7%, from its Feb. 20 all-time high of 12,795.93 to the March 13 low of 11,939.61. For those following Dow Theory, stocks are operating under what's called a Dow Theory Buy -- Nonconfirmation. This happens when the Industrials do not follow the transports to a new closing high. The Dow would have to close above the Feb. 20 close of 12,786.64, which now appears problematic.

Technicians have a definition that a bear market is not confirmed until stocks decline by 20% or more. With my method, I like to look over the horizon for market-moving reasons, bullish or bearish, and I project a finance-sector-led recession. Analysis that waits for a 20% decline is analysis through the rearview mirror. A bear market begins when the stock indices reach major resistance, and there are fundamental reasons why a reversal is likely. I make a bearish call when I think a multiyear high is likely or will soon be set.

Fundamentals Lead, Technicals to Follow

Let's take a look at the monthly, weekly and daily charts for the Dow.

Monthly: Based upon this chart, a bear market cannot yet be confirmed. The 12x3x3 monthly slow stochastic reading is overbought (87.47). The March low was below the five-month modified moving average at 12,084.31, which is a negative divergence. The monthly chart shifts to bearish on a monthly close below the five-month MMA with momentum (stochastic reading) declining below 80.00.

Courtesy of Reuters

Weekly: This profile is neutral, suggesting that the 11,939.61-12,795.93 trading range will remain in place until the next wave of bearish fundamentals breaks it to the downside. Momentum is sliding as the 12x3x3 weekly slow stochastic is declining at 55.35. A close this week below the five-week MMA at 12,390.33 shifts the profile to negative, indicating risk to the 200-week simple moving average at 10,663.30. The Dow has been above its 200-week SMA since the week of Nov. 28, 2003.

Courtesy of Reuters

Daily: This is also a neutral profile, suggesting that the 11,939.61-12,795.93 trading range remains in place. I am focusing on the 50- and 200-day SMAs. Friday's close was just above the 50-day SMA at 12,473.17, a technical positive. However, when I add levels from my proprietary model, the close above the 50-day is offset by the close below my annual pivot at 12,492, which has been a strong first-quarter magnet. A weekly, monthly and quarterly close below 12,492 indicates risk to the 200-day SMA at 11,862.80.

Courtesy of Reuters

While technicians wait to make a bearish call, let's review the events in the finance sector since I first waved warning flags for the community and regional banks.

I first covered the regional banks at their height on April 28, 2006. Net operating income peaked at the end of June and was down 11.6% in the second half of 2006. The red-hot real estate market from 2002 to 2005 fueled tremendous growth for community banks across the country, but I thought this trend was about to turn. I predicted that the banks' loan portfolios would be riddled with bad real estate loans. Most of the publicly traded banks were trading at or near all-time highs 11 months ago, and I suggested that the prudent investor book profits.

Community banks are heavily dependent on fees and interest income from real estate loans. As the housing market slows, fee income will decrease and the risks associated with nonperforming loans will increase.

The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, or FDIC, continues to show that many banks' balance sheets have exceeded key capital ratios that measure real estate risks.

Bank Regulators

The FDIC, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve and the Office of Thrift Supervision began to address this balance sheet risk in the fall of 2005 with a jointly issued interagency guidance on risk management of commercial real estate lending.

The FDIC monitors two ratios on a quarterly basis:

• The CD loans ratio is a measure of construction lending vs. total risk-based capital; when this ratio exceeds 100%, it's a bad sign.
  • The CRE loans ratio is a measure of the total of construction, multifamily and commercial real estate lending vs. total risk-based capital; the danger threshold is when this ratio exceeds 300%.

The first set of data that I drilled into was for the 2005 fourth quarter, the first quarter that data was collected for review. I observed that current ratios then were very high.
    Banks Profiled on April 28, 2006:
    Community Banks
    Company / Symbol
    27-Apr
    Price
    CD
    Loans
    (-UV) /
    OV By
    Fair
    Value
    23-Mar
    Price
    % ChangeCD Loans(-UV) /
    OV By
    Fair
    Value
    Banner Corp (BANR)$37.44278%46.70%$25.52$41.2110.10%330%-6.70%$44.15
    Citizens First (CTZN)$31.65102%54.50%$20.49$23.34-26.30%122%15.30%$20.24
    First South (FSBK)$40.88399%13.10%$36.14$29.40-28.10%380%-1.10%$29.73
    IndyMac Banc (NDE)$48.10162%20.90%$39.77$30.00-37.60%171%-8.50%$32.78
    PFF Bancorp (PFB)$34.06244%3.90%$32.77$31.96-6.20%258%-10.10%$35.53
    Sterling Fin (STSA)$31.14197%22.80%$25.36$31.892.40%279%-3.10%$32.92
    Willow Grove (WFBC)$17.80107%12.40%$15.84$12.83-27.90%68%-15.10%$15.11
    Data Courtesy of FDIC & ValuEngine

Banner Corp (BANR) is up 10.1% since April 27, 2006, but its exposure to residential construction loans are up to 330% of risk capital from 278% at the end of 2005. ValuEngine shows an improved fair value, up to $44.15 from $25.52, but keep in mind that typical fundamental analysis of a bank stock is based upon financial filings, not FDIC data.

Citizens First (CTZN) is down 26.3%, as its exposure to residential construction loans rose to 122% from 102%. Fair value is little changed at $20.24.

First South (FSBK) is down 28.1%, and its exposure to residential construction loans remains dangerously high at 380%, down from 399%. Fundamental issues have filtered through to the financial data used in calculating fair value, and it's down to $29.73 from $36.14.

IndyMac (NDE) is the biggest loser, down 37.6%, but its issue has been subprime loans. Exposure to residential construction loans remains elevated at 171%, and its fair value is down to $32.78 from $39.77.

PFF Bancorp (PFB) is down just 6.2% with exposure to residential construction up to 258% from 244%. Problems have not yet filtered through to the fundamental data, as fair value is up to $35.53 from $32.77.

Sterling (STSA) is up just 2.4%, but its exposure to residential construction loans ballooned to 279% from 197% with a fair value up to $32.92 from $25.36. Earnings issues have not yet filtered into its financial data.

Willow Financial (WFBC) is down 27.9%, and its exposure to residential construction loans are back below the 100% risk guideline at 68%.

It appears our nation's community and regional banks have not heeded the regulators' warnings. Problem balance sheet items are on the rise. The "Other Real Estate" category is up 48.4% year over year. This is where loan collateral such as land gets hidden. Loans and leases that are 30 to 89 days past due posted are up 22.6% year-over-year increase. And noncurrent loans and leases are up 13.6% year over year.

In the past 25 years, the FDIC has handled 1,600 bank failures. The vast majority of these happened in the late 1980s and early 1990s. According to Sheila C. Bair, chairwoman of the FDIC, this earlier crisis period began with a sharp spike in interest rates necessary to rein in double-digit inflation. The cost to the banking industry and taxpayers was approximately $150 billion.

In my opinion, this time is different, and it could be worse. Interest rates were kept too low for too long, which fueled overproduction of homes, and ultraspeculation resulted in a parabolic real estate bubble the likes of which we have never before seen in our country.

At time of publication, Suttmeier had no positions in any of the stocks mentioned in this column.
  •  

26.03.07 23:32

80400 Postings, 7404 Tage Anti LemmingKass: das nächste Down im Housing-Sektor

Investing
    Kass: The Simple Math of Subprime's Slide
    By Doug Kass 
    Street Insight Contributor

3/26/2007 1:12 PM EDT

It is truly remarkable how the slightest provocation (last week's "solid" home-sales headline) had the media and other permabullish types declare that the housing market has finally bottomed (again!) and that the impact on the subslime mess would be contained.

Here is a more accurate analysis of what occurred in housing last month:

"Home sales increase in the springtime month over month, every year, even if the world is ending. It's called "the homebuying season" for a reason. So you don't look at February vs. January, or April vs. March. No, just like retailers look at Christmas vs. Christmas, not Christmas vs. July, any dummy that follows the housing market looks year over year. Here's the real numbers, and headline the MSM should have reported: Dubious NAR report shows home sales continue to crater, off 3.7% vs. last year, while unsold inventory explodes by another 763,000 units and median sales price (without incentives) is down 7.6% from peak.

February used-home sales (per the dubious NAR numbers) were supposedly 387,000 units, vs. 402,000 units February 2006, down 3.7%. Inventory is now at 3,748,000, vs. 2,985,000 in February 2006, up 763,000 unwanted homes, or 25.6%. And the median sales price (without cash back or incentives) in February of $212,800 is down $17,400 from the July 2006 peak. (Here is a further analysis that underscores the weakness -- not the strength -- in the housing market. -- Housing Panic Blog

Perusing the historically misguided statements by former Federal Reserve Chairman Greenspan and NAR economist David Lereah that follow suggests almost as much denial as Simmons and Fisher registered 78 years ago -- right before the Great Depression roiled the U.S. economy.

Oops!

October 2006: Greenspan foresees a housing "bottom."

"Last week's rise in weekly mortgage applications" could signal that "the worst may be over for housing." -- October 2006.

2006-07: Lereah on the multiple housing "bottoms" and opining on the quality of mortgage lending.

"It was very clear that the standards had deteriorated ... I'm not a lender though, I kept on saying to myself -- I guess they know what they're doing. -- March 2007.

"It appears we've hit bottom, the price drops are necessary to stir sales. It's working. ... It's important to focus on where the housing market is now -- it appears to be stabilizing and comparisons with an unsustainable boom mask the fact that home sales remain historically high." -- December 2006.

"We've been anticipating a price correction and now it's here. The price drop has stopped the bleeding for housing sales. We think the housing market has now hit bottom." -- September 2006.

"This may be the bottom. It (housing) appears May is a little better." -- May 2006.

1928-29: Simmons and Fisher forecast continued stock market gains in the fool's paradise prior to The Great Depression of 1929.

"I cannot help but raise a dissenting voice to statements that we are living in a fool's paradise, and that prosperity in this country must necessarily diminish and recede in the near future." -- E.H.H. Simmons, president, New York Stock Exchange, January 1928

"Stock prices have reached what looks like a permanently high plateau. ... The end of the decline of the stock market will probably not be long, only a few more days, at most." -- Dr. Irving Fisher, October 1929 and November 1929

To be sure, I am not looking for a depression in housing or for the economy -- but those who look for housing to stabilize and for an increasingly restrictive mortgage credit market to be anything other than a substantive drag on 2007-08 aggregate economic growth are just plain wrong.

It's sometimes fun to go back and look at several of the above mistaken views and hyperbole from those who should have known better, but it is even more worrisome to look at the state of housing demand and supply today, which leads to my broader economic concerns:

The explosion in mortgage delinquencies in the second half of 2006 has only recently begun to be converted from delinquencies to foreclosures (and for-sale signs). Currently, the housing market's foreclosures stand at a 40-year peak.

Economy.com estimates that there were about 400,000 foreclosures in 2006. With signs of continued rising delinquency rates thus far this year, 2007 foreclosures should be considerably higher than last year's figures. I would estimate that foreclosures in 2006-07 will add nearly 1 million units (or 26.5%) to the current level of 3.75 million homes for sale. Stated simply, most are underestimating the massive supply of homes that will be dumped on the market over the next year to two years.

While record foreclosures will assuredly lead to a rapid rise in the supply of homes available to be sold in 2007 and 2008, tougher lending standards (particularly in the subprime category that is the lifeblood of first-time buyers) will squelch housing demand. Historically, creative lending (option ARMs, interest-only, negative amortization, etc.) shored up the housing markets by allowing (indeed encouraging) otherwise unqualified borrowers to participate in the roaring residential market of the last few years. (I suppose that Anthony Hsieh, CEO of Lending Tree, might now have second thoughts regarding this quote back last year: "If you own your home free and clear, people will refer to you as a fool. All that money sitting there, doing nothing."

First-time buyers and speculators, who, before delinquencies mushroomed, were qualified for high (95% or more!) loan-to-value mortgages at below market interest rates (80% of subprime loans over the last three years were 2/28 ARMs) based on teaser interest rates are now being qualified increasingly by the mortgage interest rate charged after reset.

This is serving to effectively price out a major demand source for homes as they are no longer eligible for low down-payment, nondocumented loans that were previously granted with below market or teaser interest rates. Indeed, subprime mortgages have been the only source for a large amount of homebuyers in the last three years. No more.

Quantifying the Impact of Tightening Credit

I would conservatively estimate that about 55% of the subprime borrowers, 25% of the Alt-A borrowers and 15% of the prime mortgage lending borrowers will no longer be able to secure financing for new homes because of tightened conditions. (This will produce about a 25% drop in housing demand).

Speculators and investors -- who were responsible for nearly 20% of all home purchases in 2004-06 -- also will find it more difficult to secure borrowings, and it is likely that this buying category will revert close to its historical demand role of about 5% of all homes. (This will result in another 10%-15% drop in housing demand). Finally, end-of-economic-cycle conditions (lower consumer confidence, slowing economic growth and moderating job growth) should contribute to another 10% drop in housing demand, which is as it has done historically.

Adding together the above three influences, new home demand should fall off by almost 50% (vs. the rolling 12-month average showing a 17% drop off in 2007) even before the effect of a market inundated by record foreclosures is considered.

Precipitated by the subprime mess, the entire daisy chain of home demand is deteriorating. With the first-time buyer out of the market and increased demands of higher collateral, better credit and loan documentation, the trade-up market is also in trouble. So is the Alt-A market. And, in the fullness of time, as Nouriel Roubini surmises, a more general credit crunch remains possible.

Credit Suisse (CS) projects that about $500 billion of mortgages will reset this year (60% of these are subprime loans). According to First American CoreLogic's recent study, "Mortgage Payment Reset: The Issue and the Impact," resets will produce 1.1 million additional foreclosures (and more than $100 billion of losses) over the next six years. That's nearly another 185,000 homes per year coming into supply, on top of the nearly 1 million homes foreclosed on in 2006-07!

What is particularly worrisome to me is that home prices remain inflated relative to household incomes (Merrill's Rosenberg did a good analysis on this topic last week; Today's home prices stand at the highest multiple to disposable incomes in history). We have still not resolved the high price of homes by either prices moving lower or incomes moving higher. Affordability (or the lack of) will provide another headwind to the housing recovery.

Inventories: Another Headwind of Supply

There remains too much land and finished product inventory owned by the homebuilders. The publicly held companies are positioned to weather the storm, but the more levered private companies will be a continued liquidator of land and homes. Indeed, new home-price incentives look to be on the ascent, another headwind to supply.

With housing activity dropping and resets rising, consumer confidence should dive in the months ahead, construction employment will plummet and a cessation of mortgage equity withdrawals will further grease an already weakening slide in personal consumption expenditures.

In summary, the general (and specious) notion that the subslime travesty and its concomitant impact on the extension of credit won't have an impact on the broader economy reminds me of another quote, weeks before the stock market crash of 1929 put the U.S. economy in to a Depression (with a capital D):

"In most of the cities and towns of this country, this Wall Street panic will have no effect."
    -- Paul Block (president of the Block newspaper chain), Nov. 15, 1929

From my perch, investing on the basis that the subslime carnage and exploding ARMs will not affect the consumer, the economy and our equity market is a risky proposition.

Here is the economic equation as I see it:

Restrained mortgage credit plus reset mortgage rates equals more money needed to finance homes and less money available to purchase goods equals a slowing economy.

The Next Down Leg Is Upon Us

Remember, today's weak new-home sales are before cancellations, which have been running over 20% for most publicly traded homebuilders. Moreover, new-home sales provide a better market feel for the residential housing market, as they are calculated upon signing of a contract, while existing-home sales are counted when a sale is closed.

Ergo, not only will new-home sales for February end up being weaker than stated today, but the state of housing is far worse than most realize (except the publicly traded homebuilders' managements who were ignored when they suggested the spring selling season was a bust thus far).

The inventory-to-sales ratio ratcheted up (from 7.3 months in January to 8.1 months) to the highest level since January 1991 (which was not a very good year!).

The next down leg in housing is upon us. Employment, consumer confidence and retail spending will be the next victims of housing's retreat.

At time of publication, Kass and/or his funds had no positions in stocks mentioned, although holdings can change at any time.  

27.03.07 00:50

1227 Postings, 6779 Tage CarpeDiesUnglaubliche Optimismus im Dow/S&P

Ich verfolge nun seit geraumer Zeit diesen thread und ich bin dankbar, dass so viele mit immer wieder neuen und interessanten Artikeln und Analysen diese thread beflügeln.
    Mit diesen und einigen anderen Informationen macht man sich dann mit der Zeit ein Bild über die derzeiten Lage und die Aussichten und wird dann entsprechend investieren....
    Worauf ich partout nicht kommen will, ist´, dass die Stimmung an der Wall Street doch anscheinend noch immer überraschend positiv ist. Allein wenn ich mir den heutigen intraday chart ansehe, dann scheint es, als ob nichts die Feierlaune über dem grossen Teich trüben könnte: Der sich zuspitzende Konflikt mit dem Iran (Uran-Anreicherung), die Entführung von 15 britischen Soldaten, der steigende Ölpreis, die massive subprime Krise, von der nun schon sogar der Spiegel online schreibt, und von der die hiesigen Blätter voll sind, das massive Handelsbilanzdefizit, die immer verrückt werdenden Ausgaben für den Krieg der USA im Irak, das stärke werdende Trommeln von Russland gegen die amerikanische Aussenpolitik, die Abschwächung des Dolars usw.

Bei mir festigt sich immer mehr der Eindruck, dass trotz all dieser doch negativen Einflüssen, ein ungebrochener Optimismus herrschen muss. Im Anbetracht der Tatsache, dass imho prinzipiell die Angst immer noch potentiell größer ist/werden kann als die Gier und in Anbetracht des beträchtlichen Kursrutsches in Asien Ende letzten Monats, muss doch eine sehr starke Positive Macht diesen Abgründen Einhalt gebieten.

Was nur befeuert die Börsen? was ist der Grund, warum niemand  wirklich nervös wird, sondern auch heute - nach einem kurzen Schreck - der Kurs eigentlich immer nur nach Norden geht?

Schade dass ich in der nächsten Zeit nicht in die Staaten komme, um mich mal einfach unters Volk zu mischen, und die Stimmung im Land aufzusaugen. vielleicht wäre es dann einfacher diesen Optimismus bzw. die Hintergründe dafür aufzuspüren.

Immer wieder habe ich den Eindruck, dass der amerikanische Traum selbst von der Bush-Regierung nicht angreifbar und schon gar nicht zerstörbar ist; mein Kopf sagt mir dann immer trotziger, dass das mit so viel Schulden und Krieg einfach nicht sein kann.

Wie geht's weiter und woher kommt der ganze Haufen Optimismus?  

27.03.07 01:08

501 Postings, 9184 Tage DeadFredOptimismus:so gehts weiter

Hi Carpe DIes,
    der Optimismus der Wallstreet ist nicht nur psychologie sondern basiert auch auf handfesten Zahlen, sprich Unternehmensergebnissen. Solange die Ergebnisse gut sind haben die Brooker noch keinen Grund zu klagen.

Was wir hier besprechen sind ja Trends, welche sich noch nicht in Unternehmensergebnissen manifestiert haben. Manche Unternehmen wurden bereits von schlechten Zahlen getroffen und sind bereits bankrott.

Nach meiner Ansicht sind die Marktteilnehmer ziemlich aufmerksam was Unternehmensergebnisse angeht. Schlechte Werte werden in den nächsten Monaten nach meiner Einschätzung deutlich brutaler abgestrafft werden als die bullen erwarten.

Da bin ich mir so sicher, daß ich darauf wetten werde,

regards

Fred

27.03.07 01:17

365 Postings, 7806 Tage rotezahlIm Suff is jede Party schoen !! Die vollen Bullen

sind voellig breit und stammeln von M&E Buy-Out...bei uns is das auch schon so !
    Coca uebernimmt bald Pepsi..und und und schuldenmachen is schick und auf pump kaufen
    is jetzt noch billig..den die Kurse werden ja noch steigen...heut das auto und erst ab november die erste rate.....und so weiter.....der pumpkonsum geht weiter.....

aber was heute wieder mal los is macht mich platt.....die daten sind mies und intraday is der schock in 3 stunden abgearbeitet....die die kaufen sind entweder schlauer als wir oder wahnsinnig/besoffen.....das ist nicht einfach fuer nen glatteisbaeren wie mir.....

die einzige antwort auf alles ist der TREND....und der ist echt taff.....
    bitte gruenspan ans mikro...unsere geheimwaffe....sonst gibt es bald keine puts mehr  

27.03.07 06:48

80400 Postings, 7404 Tage Anti LemmingBernanke-Greenspan und die Future-Pumpe

Wieso steigen die US-Märkte "trotz allem"? Hier mal ein Erklärungsversuch, der auf einem subtilen Zusammenspiel von Bernanke ("der Optimist"), Greenspan ("der Pessimist"), dem PPT (Plunge Protection Team - "die Future-Käufer") und den Put-Käufern ("die Short-Spekulanten") basiert.

1. Die Märkte sind nach dem Einbruch vom 27.2. zunächst stark gestiegen, aber nun geht es nicht mehr höher. Keiner will mehr zukaufen, weil nach dem Einbruch die Angst vor einer Wiederholung herrscht (zuwenig Longs). Die Indizes sind ja noch "angeschlagen".

2. Greenspan warnt nun erneut vor einer Rezession. Der Dow verliert 200 Punkte, Put-Käufer laden das Boot voll.

3. Nun wirft Bernanke via PPT die Future-Pumpe an, zwei Tage später sind die Märkte wieder da, wo sie bei (1) standen. Es gibt zwar immer noch zuwenig Longs, aber dafür bekommen die Put-Käufer es nun mit der Angst zu tun. Sie sind die einzigen, die jetzt noch kaufen, springen mit ihrem Short-Gecover für die fehlenden Longs in die Bresche und treiben die Rallye so weiter hoch.

200 DOW-Punkte höher geht es dann wieder bei (1) weiter.

Die Schleife läuft x-mal durch, bis der DOW die alten Hochs überwunden hat. Nun wird die Bernanke-Greenspan-Pumpe vorerst abgeschaltet. In den Medien kommen statt der Rezessions-Warner ab jetzt nur die "Der-Dow-ist-auf-neuem-Allzeithoch-Melder" zu Wort - sowie Charttechniker, die den "Ausbruch" mit dem Geo-Dreieck in die Zukunft fortschreiben. Die letzten Shorts covern.

Denn es sind ja bald Wahlen in Amerika, und die Reps wollen wiedergewählt werden. Was ist naheliegender, als "das Volk" auf dem Aktienmarkt für das zu entschädigen, was es auf dem Hausmarkt verliert. Und wenn die Aktien-Bewertungen in Anbetracht der Rezessions- und Stagflations-Tendenzen "ein wenig zu hoch" sind - who cares? Bei den Häusern hat sich die Blase ja auch erfreulich lange gehalten.

27.03.07 08:04

80400 Postings, 7404 Tage Anti Lemmingoff topic??

Pandabärin Yan Yan aus dem Berliner Zoo ist tot

Freude über Eisbärbaby Knut, Trauer um Yan Yan: Die Pandabärin aus dem Berliner Zoo ist tot. Am Montag wurde der langjährige Publikumsliebling um 15.45 Uhr auf einer Außenanlage ohne vorherige Anzeichen einer Krankheit leblos entdeckt, wie der Zoo mitteilte.

Damit hat der älteste Tiergarten Deutschlands eine seiner großen Attraktionen verloren. Pandas werden nur selten in europäischen Zoos gezeigt.

Über Jahre hatten Tierfreunde bundesweit auf Nachwuchs bei den Pandabären in Berlin gehofft. Doch alle Versuche schlugen fehl, so auch mehrere Besamungsversuche. Ausführlich hatten die Berliner Medien über jede künstliche Befruchtung berichtet. Nun bleibt der Partner der Bärin, Bao Bao, zunächst allein zurück. Die Todesursache ist noch unklar.

Yan Yan - Chinesisch für «die Schöne» - wurde 22 Jahre alt. Sie kam durch die Städtepartnerschaft mit Peking nach Berlin und lebte seit 1995 als «Leihgabe» hier. Bao Bao dagegen war ein Staatsgeschenk Chinas an den damaligen Bundeskanzler Helmut Schmidt (SPD).

Bärenkurator Heiner Klös, der das Tier damals aus Peking mit geholt hatte und derzeit mit dem neuen Publikumsliebling Knut beschäftigt ist, zeigte sich am Abend erschüttert. «Sie ist elf Jahre bei uns gewesen», sagte er. Nach seinen Worten war die Bärin eigentlich noch «ein junger Spund». «Das zieht einem schon den Boden weg, vor allem, weil es keine Anzeichen gab.»

In freier Wildbahn gibt es weltweit laut Zoo noch etwa 1600 Pandas. Die Tiere, die sich von Bambusspitzen ernähren, können bis zu 34 Jahre alt werden. Yan Yan soll obduziert werden, damit die Todesursache geklärt wird.

Zuletzt hatte es kein großes Interesse mehr aus China an Yan Yan gegeben. Der Berliner Zoo hat seit längerem Pläne, ein junges Panda- Pärchen in die Hauptstadt zu holen. Jung-Pandas können das Reich der Mitte aber derzeit nur gegen Zahlung von rund einer Million Euro pro Tier verlassen.  
    Angehängte Grafik:
    Shanghai_Composite.png (verkleinert auf 99%) vergrößern
    Shanghai_Composite.png

27.03.07 08:13

8682 Postings, 8336 Tage all time highwirds jetzt ein "china" bärenthread

Übrigens, "wir" haben hier zwar recht, was die märkte betrifft, doch verdienen tun die, die nichts von den schlechten nachrichten wissen.......die bleiben einfach dabei u. lassen ihre gewinne laufen.

PS. noch....

mfg
    ath  

27.03.07 09:50

9108 Postings, 6367 Tage metropolis@carpedies

Sehr interessantes Posting. Ich denke, du bringst die Stimmung vieler auf den Punkt. Ich möchte versuchen, deine Frage zu beantworten und den gestrigen Tag zu analysieren.

Vorher noch eins zu meiner Lage: Ich bin eigentlich Dauer-Bulle, aber Ende Januar wegen Iran zum Teilzeit;-)Bären mutiert. Zur Zeit warte ich auf einen Grund, wieder Bulle zu werden - sehe aber keinen. Meine Short-Spekulation habe ich gestern aus Tribut an die Realität mit Verlusten geschlossen; nun heißt es mit 100% Cash abwarten.

Ok, das Dilemma in dem wir Bären stecken ist folgendes: Wir sind überzeugt, dass die Kurse fallen werden, sie tun es aber nicht. Schlecht, denn als Bär kann man anders als als Bulle (vorausgesetzt man investiert in Qualitätsaktien oder wie ich normalerweise gleich im Index) keine Verluste aussitzen - es würde im finanziellen Ruin enden.

Wer liegt nun also falsch: Wir oder der Markt? Das kann natürlich keiner sagen, allerdings kann man Vergleiche zur Vergangenheit ziehen, wobei der gestrige Tag die Marktstimmung signifikant gezeigt hat. Meine Erklärung ist folgende: Der Markt geht zur Zeit von einer Wiederholung der Asienkrise 1997 oder der Korrektur 2006 aus. Wer damals kaufte konnte nichts falsch machen. Folgerung des "Normalanlegers" heute: WENN es nur eine Korrektur im Bullenmarkt ist, DANN muss ich eher gestern als morgen zugreifen (d.h. kaufen), denn die Korrektur ist sicher ruckzuck vorbei und wen zuspät kommt den bestraft der Markt.

Offensichtlich besteht also zur Zeit Einigkeit, dass es sich nur um eine Korrektur im Bullenmarkt handelt. Vermutlich aus folgenden Gründen:
    1) die FED hat signalisiert, dass sie Gewehr bei Fuss steht
    2) Die Housing-Krise betrifft nur ein paar arme Schweine und kleinere Unternehmen - die große Karawane zieht weiter
    3) eine Irankrieg kommt nicht weil Bush innenpolitisch zu schwach ist - der Ölpreis bleibt stabil

Was also tun? Entweder wieder Bulle werden und eventuelle zwischenzeitliche Verluste aussitzen oder die Berichtssaison abwarten. Ich werde letzteres tun um Klarheit zu bekommen - im Bewußtsein, dass eine normale schärfere Korrektur unter 2 Monaten Dauer nicht "zu haben" ist.  

27.03.07 10:47

825 Postings, 6388 Tage DozoernDie blinden Bullen

Wieder mal ne hochinteressante diskussion hier! Natürlich kommt man sich als bär dämlich vor, wenn man wie ich seit vier wochen mit dem vollen geldsack an der seitenlinie steht und auf DOW 11.750 / DAX 6.200 wartet und es geht aufwärts...:-)ABER, im jahr 2000 habe ich gelernt, wie richtig es ist, eisern da stehen zu bleiben! In diesen kurshöhen ist es wie bergsteigen im himalaya, eben sehr gefährlich.
    Natürlich ist der ungebrochene optimismus der amerikaner verwunderlich, aber auch hierzulande lassen sich die börsianer ja durch nichts erschrecken. Könnte man meinen. Dem ist aber nur KURZFRISTIG  so - glaube ich. Man muss da die kurzfristigen marktreaktionen vom langfristigen trend unterscheiden. Langfristig glaube ich ist die "heile welt" der ständig wachsenden wirtschaft in USA und damit der immer höeren kurse kurz vor ihrem ende - manchen sektor hats schon erwischt, andere folgen im laufe des jahres. Das erste quartal der US-Wirtschaft wird schlecht sein, das zweite besser, das dritte auch, das vierte wieder schlechter. Das macht die märkte volatil. Die FED macht erst mal garnichts mit den zinsen, weil eine hohe kerninflationsrate vorhanden ist (2,7 % ; das ist weit über dem wohlfühlbereich zwischen 0.5 und 1.5 %), die eine zinserhöhung nahelegt - die konjunktur dies aber nicht gebrauchen kann sondern eher eine zinssenkung bräuchte. Das würden die bullen-börsianer wiederum fehlinterpretieren als Politik des billigen geldes und ne neue ralley starten. Daran ist der FED aber nicht gelegen. ALso wird die FED das jahr über wahrscheinlich garnichts machen. Senkt sie die leitzinsen irgendwann doch, wäre das ein sehr negatives zeichen, weil dann die rezession (nach amerikanischer definition) droht. Im moment muss sie ja auch nichts machen, weil die börse die leichte Spekulationsblase aus Herbst 2006/ Frühjahr 2007 ohne ihr zutun abgebaut hat (oder hat Antilemming recht und Bernanke hat den alten Grünspan noch mal vorgeschickt...:-)).
    Die aktuelle kursentwicklung ist nervig, aber normal. Wahrscheinlich sehen wir ein doppeltop und dann gehts erst mal abwärts. Eine korrektur dauert eben nicht nur einen monat sondern drei. Also cool bleiben...und nicht denken wie die blinden bullen, die immer glauben sie verpassen was.  

27.03.07 10:50

23218 Postings, 6601 Tage Malko07Die jetzige Korrektur scheint

zu früh eingetreten zu sein um wirklich groß und eventuell sogar nachhaltig zu sein. Das erste Quartal hat die US-Wirtschaft wesentlich besser überstanden als man im Spätherbst 2006 erwartet hatte. Die Immobilienkrise  dauert nun schon recht lang, ohne dass die von einigen angedrohte Katastrophe auch nur andeutungsweise eingetreten wäre. Derartige Warnungen werden deshalb nicht mehr ernst genommen. Sie haben sich abgeschliffen. An einen Irankrieg zum jetzigen Zeitpunkt, respektiv noch vor den Wahlen, glaubt kein vernünftiger Mensch. Wenn die anstehende Berichtsaison gut laufen sollte, werden die Märkte auch gut über den Sommer kommen.  

27.03.07 11:07

9108 Postings, 6367 Tage metropolisNachfrage @Dozoern

"Das erste quartal der US-Wirtschaft wird schlecht sein, das zweite besser, das dritte auch, das vierte wieder schlechter" - Warum wird das zweite und dritte besser laufen und das vierte schlechter? Kannnst du das erläutern?

@Malko: Beim Irankrieg gibt es eine Deadline, nämlich wenn die Urananreicherung komplett ist. Schätzungen laufen auf 2-3 Jahre. Sobald der Iran die Bombe hat erübrigt sich ein Angriff, weil ansonsten Tel Aviv platt wäre. Bush muss also definitiv noch was während seiner Amtszeit machen. Die Rückendeckung vom Kongress und SÄMTLICHEN potenziellen Nachfolgern hat er in dieser Frage. (Link kann ich bei Interesse raussuchen) Ausserdem die Rückendeckung sämtlicher Golfanrainer-Staaten, die eine Atommacht Iran genauso fürchten wie Israel.    

27.03.07 11:19

23218 Postings, 6601 Tage Malko07@metropolis: Leider spricht der

CIA momentan nicht mehr mit mir. Es gab da Differenzen bezüglich Abrechnungen. Ich muss  mich jetzt mit allgemein zugänglichen Informationen abgeben. Nach denen besitzt der Iran in 2 bis 3 Jahren garantiert noch keine Atombomben. Wenn dann endlich eine Bombe vom Prinzip her funktioniert, dauert es im Regelfall noch einige Zeit bis ein mit Raketen abschießbarer Sprengkopf fertig ist. Dem neuen Präsident/-in bleibt also ausreichend Zeit. Dieser Fall ist auch kein Konflikt USA-Iran sondern ein Konflikt Weltgemeinschaft-Iran. Das wird sich die nächste Zeit noch wesentlich verdeutlichen. Und die Weltgemeinschaft wird noch vieles versuchen und das wird dauern.  

27.03.07 11:20

234233 Postings, 7391 Tage obgicouHousingzahlen verwirrend? Erklärung

interessantes Statement, das ich auf den Seiten des Census-Bureaus (veröffentlichen New-Home Sales) gefunden habe; danach dürften die Existing Home Sales den Einbruch der New Home Sales nächsten Monat nachvollziehen:

http://www.census.gov/const/www/existingvsnewsales.html

Comparing New Home Sales and Existing Home Sales

New home sales and existing home sales are released each month at about the same time. Many comparisons are made between the two series, but before doing any comparisons, one must be aware of some definition differences that affect the timing of the statistics.

The Census Bureau collects new home sales based upon the following definition: "A sale of the new house occurs with the signing of a sales contract or the acceptance of a deposit." The house can be in any stage of construction: not yet started, under construction, or already completed. Typically about 25% of the houses are sold at the time of completion. The remaining 75% are evenly split between those not yet started and those under construction.

Existing home sales data are provided by the National Association of Realtors®. According to them, "the majority of transactions are reported when the sales contract is closed." Most transactions usually involve a mortgage which takes 30-60 days to close. Therefore an existing home sale (closing) most likely involves a sales contract that was signed a month or two prior.

Given the difference in definition, new home sales usually lead existing home sales regarding changes in the residential sales market by a month or two . For example, an existing home sale in January, was probably signed 30 to 45 days earlier which would have been in November or December. This is based on the usual time it takes to obtain and close a mortgage.

Effective with January 2005, the National Association of Realtors created a new monthly series to overcome the lagging effect of the existing home sales definition. This new series is called Pending Home Sales and is based on sales of existing homes where the contract has been signed but the transaction has not been closed, making it roughly equivalent to the new home sales definition. Monthly estimates are expressed as an index where the year 2001 has been set to equal 100.0.  

27.03.07 11:40

9108 Postings, 6367 Tage metropolis@Malko

Nun, dann soltest du wie ich deine Beziehungen zum Mossad spielen lassen ;-)

Zitat aus der ING-Studie (link postete ich bereits im Thread):

"So some may be sceptical about any urgent need for action, despite the most recent
    statements by Mossad?s chief that Iran may develop a bomb by 2009-10, that Iran may
    have 25kg of enriched uranium by 2008 (Iraq had this already in 1980-81) and that it is six months away from achieving technological independence in its quest to develop a nuclear bomb."

Wäre ich Bush, würde ich sagen: Je früher zuschlagen, desto sicherer/besser.  

27.03.07 11:46

8120 Postings, 8334 Tage bullybaerWenn ich mal meinen Senf dazugeben darf?

ich hab mir hier die verschiedensten Postings mal durchgelesen und findet
    wirklich allerhand plausible Erklärungen, warum wir eher ein Korrektur erleben sollten, als das was im Moment passiert.

Auch ich bin bei ca. 7.000 im Dax und noch rechtzeitig vor den ersten Kurseinbrüchen ausgestiegen und sitze jetzt nahezu zu 100% in Cash.

Eine Korrektur war notwendig und gesund für die Märkte ohne Zweifel. Die wurde durch etliche Kommentare in den Medien ja geradezu heraufbeschworen. Aber wer sagt, dass die Korrektur bis 6.200 im Dax gehen muss. Wo ist übertriebener Optimismus vorhanden oder sind es doch eher die Bären, die auf dem falschen Fuss erwischt worden sind, die sich lautstark bemerkbar machen. Auch sind die Märkte (bis auf Asien/Shanghai)doch hisotrisch gesehen keineswegs überbewertet. Somit gibts es keinen Vergleich zum Crash ala 2000/2001. An politische/geopolitische Unruhen dürfte sich mittlerweile auch so ziemlich jeder Marktteilnehmer gewöhnt haben und es einfach als  
    "business as usual" abhaken. Zudem haben politischen Börsen bekanntlich eh kurze Beine.

Hinzu kommt, dass wenn alle auf die 6.200 Pkt im Dax warten, es doch ein nicht geringe Anzahl an Markttelnehmern gibt, die schon vorher wieder zugreifen und wir die 6.200 im DAX auch deshalb nicht zu Gesicht bekommen.

Die "Immobilien-Blase" in den USA wird vermutlich weitaus weniger heiss gegessen als sie gekocht wird, obwohl wir hier bestimmt noch die eine oder andere Hiobsbotschaft erleben werden.

Und die FED? Sie hat einen Zinsspielraum wie schon langen nicht mehr mein ich.
    Womit ein Softlanding der USA Konjunktur wahrscheinlicher wird als eine Rezession.  Ist eine Rezession in den USA nicht schon ein Wachstum unter 2% innerhalb von 3 aufeinanderfolgenden Quartalen (wenn ich micht hier nicht täusche)?
    Also, whats the problem?

mfg
    bb  

27.03.07 11:56

80400 Postings, 7404 Tage Anti Lemming25 Kilo Uran

kann man sich auch jederzeit auf dem Schwarzmarkt, in Russland und anderswo, besorgen. Das ist nicht schwieriger zu bekommen als Marihuana.

Cheers!  

27.03.07 12:04

80400 Postings, 7404 Tage Anti LemmingBullybär

Es ginge aber auch "andersrum": Wenn "ALLE" 6200 als Korrekturziel im Dax erwarten, könnte auch 4800 kommen. Theoretisch zumindest. Trends dauern bekanntlich immer länger, als alle glauben. Zurzeit gehen die meisten davon aus, der Uptrend seit Juli sei noch intakt und wir hätten nur eine kleinere (überfällige) Korrektur. Sollte sich dies als Irrtum erweisen (wovon ich ausgehe), wird auch der kommende Downtrend länger anhalten "als erwartet". Die Weichenstellung dafür erfolgt IMHO in USA. Die Housing-Krise geht weit über Housing hinaus. Sie bedroht den US-Konsumenten - zurzeit [noch] die Stütze der dortigen "dynamischen Verschuldungswirtschaft".

Seite: Zurück 1 | ... | 40 | 41 | 42 |
    | 44 | 45 | 46 | ... | 6256  Weiter  
       Antwort einfügen - nach oben